Tuesday, June 24, 2008

i heart toolbox


Last night was my first night of my "toolbox" class called "drawing near to God through prayer." i know i am going to love it. i already do. i won't go over everything we discussed, although it's tempting because it was all soooo good. but here are a few things we covered that stuck with me:

1. we read an article that Rick Warren had written (condensed from his book Dynamic Bible Study Methods) about how to have meaningful time with God...and this hit me hard:

"Remember that you are meeting with the Creator, the Maker of heaven and earth, the Redeemer of Men." wow. he's totally right...puts quite a spin on just praying to God, huh?

2. in groups we listed different attributes of God...this was fun. after naming off about thirty, you see in writing (your writing), that man, we have an awesome God! a few we listed are: loving, caring, comforter, creator, jealous (for you), merciful, forgiving, omnipotent, omniscient...the list goes on and on. but when i reread my list last night, i remembered that He is the only one with all these characteristics. no person on earth could ever have all these attributes, only our precious God. aaahhhh.

3. "Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." Psalm 139:23-24

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so great and I love love love number three!!!

 
Hit Counters