Monday, June 30, 2008

sew happy


i'm the new owner of a singer 2250 portable sewing machine!!! i have decided to dust myself off and try again...i clearly remember the teddy bear i sewed in junior high. i did the darts the wrong way for it's eyes, so they were sunken way into his head and he looked very...wrong. but i used to sew a lot...seasonal pillows (poor mom had to put them out every christmas, ha). well maybe not a lot because all i can remember is that wrong teddy bear and lots of christmas pillows. but i enjoyed it, i know that. sew i decided to sew again...hardy har har. i made a quick stop at joann fabric and craft store and bought 3 different fabrics that were on sale (since my "dusting off" process will take a few tries for sure) and some other fun accessories. heehee.


here i go, swatch me SEW! (you're going to get very tired of my clever sewing phrases, i can already tell). i just feel sew liberated...(i stole that from a website, i won't lie).

2 comments:

Melissa M. Williams said...

Time goes faster than I know! Thank you for the prayers... transitions can be different! Iggy will be out on August 18th! I am so excited too! The site should be up by tomorrow morning, finally. www.iggytheiguana.com

Steph V said...

How exciting! I really want to learn. I am trying to get my sister to teach me. Custom clothes for MacKenzie are costing too much so I have my sister and Laura Ward working on some pieces for me! Let me know if you are aching for some inpiration and tired of pillows...

 
Hit Counters