Tuesday, July 1, 2008

apron journey


so my fabric is washed and my new journey is about to begin. i'm so excited i could hardly work all day! on my lunch break i even went out and found some more fabric on clearance for "practice fabric" and a huge bag o' ribbon for $1.99. what a steal! ha. i know the first try will be ugly, ha, and the third time prob won't be a charm either.
practice makes perfect people.
my goal is to make some darling aprons (or "chaprons" as charissa calls them because they're aprons made by chelsea...get it? ha!). i'm talking darling like anything from funky cool to shabby chic...nothing preppy, nothing pretty...well ok, sort of pretty, but not like little girlie looking. i'm talking about some seriously awesome aprons. i'll fill you in on the rest of my master plan later. let me see how i do at this first part...
i put some new blogs and links over to the right that talk about aprons and how incredibly cool they are. the funniest thing about this is that i can't cook worth a darn. grape nuts might be my specialty. so it's ironic i'm going to make aprons...i can wear them when i clean and stuff...or when i wash my car, wait...i don't do that either. well, that's why i'm going to make them for other people, so that they can be little domestic divas with their delicious "chaprons."
just wait...i have a feeling in my bones that these are going to radically change the world. :)

1 comments:

amy said...

can't wait, can't wait!!!!

 
Hit Counters