Wednesday, July 16, 2008

unfinished projects, my specialty!

first of all, i am in love with my new blog design!! thank you jennifer!! it is exactly what i had imagined for this apron journey that has taken over my life...in a good way of course!
news flash: i'm sewing and selling aprons :) ha. some of you are laughing and thinking "that chelsea, she just can't sit still!" and you're right! i cannot. and thus the reason for this whole idea and new obsession. whatever items i make and sell, a portion of the proceeds will be donated to attitudes & attire (tm), the awesome non-profit org helping women become self-sufficient. on saturday i was able to meet about 15 women who now have jobs and are on the right track because of attitudes & attire...it was a purely amazing, god-filled day.
*********
toddler apron, not finished. made from a terry cloth hand towel. the bottom is tucked under to make a large pocket- cute. and i think i'm going to make a flower under the rick rack out of buttons...i have buttons galore!

this is my fav so far, and it's not finished either, almost, but not quite...ha...that seems to be my pattern here. no pun intended, lol.




a work in progress...this is a dish towel i found at an antique store. i'm putting pleats in the middle and then will put the perfect ribbon as the belted tie...i have yet to find that ribbon.



sweet baby aprons (bibs) for my niece Lauren and her little sis Emily (who is not even born yet! i love her already!) ok, now these are complete! hallelujah!






Photobucket

2 comments:

amy said...

CUTE!!!!!!!!! Looking GOOD!!!! I'm impressed!

Steph V said...

love these! I need one for MacKenzie!!! How much are you selling your toodler/baby ones for? I think these would be precious gifts!!!

 
Hit Counters