Thursday, April 17, 2008

the heat is on...

wow, there's way too much pressure for THE first blog. i couldn't sleep last night because awesome blog thoughts just raced through my mind. ok, i take that back. i could sleep. but really, how do you start your blogging career? i decided since i couldn't think of anything astronomical or seriously important, that i'd just say hi. that's all.

oh and one more thing...i'm meeting up with a sweet lady named Shea Boothe tonight for dinner. now this is a cool story. so see, i do have something to start this blog off in the right direction!

so 2 saturdays ago, my friend kp and i were dining on the patio at corner market (highly recommended). i'm bragging about how my dad knows tony stewart and tony had arranged for a heli to take us to and fro the big nascar race at texas motor speedway that was the next day. kp asked "who's tony stewart?" now that's awesomeness... trying to brag but it doesn't work when the person has no idea about whom you're talking. i think we have a very humorous god like that...just a little something to humble me. ha, thanks. so i'm explaining to her a little bit about tony, my upcoming first race, and my giddiness about the heli ride. so then when we're leaving, a lady sitting down at a table made eye contact with me and stopped me. she said that she couldn't help but overhear that my dad knows tony stewart (i have a volume control issue and regularly get louder than necessary when i'm excited). then she starts telling me about her five year old nephew- charlie futhey- who was diagnosed on valentine's day with a very rare form of cancer- he is the 61st case since 1970. and guess what? he adores tony stewart. so after shea and her sister (charlie's mom) emailed and wrote the tony stewart foundation and i think chevrolet (does he race for chevrolet?), the futhey family was flown to the race and put up in a suite. which is stellar news for the family, however, this concerned aunt was afraid that charlie would be that close to meeting tony and then not get the chance. so she put me and my dad on it. i hate to brag, but we're pretty unstoppable. :) at least in this case! tony ended up calling my dad later that day and dad informs him of the situation. and here's the outcome:


l-r: tony, daryl (dad), sandra (mom), sister, and charlie in the front

how awesome is that?! HALLELUJAH!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that is the greatest story. Way to go on the first blog! I think I will be a regular reader of chelsea the writer!

Anonymous said...

Wanted to let you know I too read your blog. It is a great story, you will need to tell me about your meeting Tony and your heli ride.

 
Hit Counters